Chicken pizza crust has enjoyed recent popularity. It’s a take on the popular low carb meatza recipes, typically made with a sausage or ground beef base. Find out how to make this almost zero carb pizza crust with 3 ingredients!
We low carbers have been absolutely spoiled with great tasting fat head pizzas. It’s easy to make your favorite pepperoni pizza or pizza supreme – or if you are fancy, a spinach artichoke pizza is super good. But sometimes I get tired of all the cheese and almond flour pizza crusts.
This chicken pizza crust is a nice change and it’s SUPER EASY! Serve with a salad and you have a perfect keto meal!
Chicken Pizza Crust
As a truthful person, I won’t lie… A keto pizza with a chicken crust does not taste like pizza with a bread-like crust, it tastes like chicken parmesan.
And, it’s more of a fork and knife dinner instead of a pick-up-a-slice-and-nosh kind of meal. Think of it like portobello pizzas. They’re absolutely tasty in their pizza-ness without actually being pizza. In any case, my family loved it!
What does chicken pizza crust taste like?
What is chicken pizza crust?
Chicken crust pizza is a type of meatza or a pizza crust made with ground meat, cheese, and eggs. Typically, raw ground meat is cooked in a skillet or baked in the oven and topped with sauce, cheese, and pizza toppings.
Chicken crust pizza can be made with raw ground chicken, canned cooked chicken, or shredded cooked chicken breast. It does not taste like pizza crust, but chicken. It is very low in carbs and popular with low carb and keto dieters.
How to make chicken pizza crust or no-carb pizza crust?
There are a few ways to make chicken pizza crust. It can be made with:
- raw ground chicken
- drained canned chicken or
- shredded/chopped chicken either from a rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken breast.
The ingredients are mixed with eggs and cheese and either cooked in a skillet or on a sheet pan in the oven. Toppings are added after the base has cooked. I’ve used rotisserie chicken and poached chicken breasts.
How to make great tasting chicken crust pizza!
As I’ve mentioned, chicken pizza crust tastes like chicken instead of a traditional pizza crust. The trick of making a chicken crust pizza TASTE GREAT is to work with the chicken flavor and try not to make it something it isn’t.
A chicken crust with tomato sauce and cheese is going to taste like chicken parmesan – which is totally yummy! It’s a great way to get that crave-able pizza taste in an ultra-low carb form. So work with the flavors.
Here are a few flavors I have found work well together. Greek chicken pizza, BBQ chicken pizza, chicken lasagna pizza. I will share the recipes as I finish the posts. We LOVED them!
Chicken Pizza Crust is 1 Carb Per Serving!
Chicken Pizza Crust
- 1 pound shredded chicken breast (or rotisserie) (approximately 4 cups)
- 1 cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 2 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shred the chicken by hand or cut into chunks and place into a food processor to chop. Salt and pepper to taste - until it tastes good!
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan (18x13 inch) with parchment paper.
- Thoroughly mix the ingredients together with a spoon, spatula, or your hand.
- Pat the chicken firmly onto the parchment, spreading it as thin as you can without leaving holes.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges brown and top begins to brown.
- Top with your favorite pizza toppings and bake for 10 minutes more. Cut and serve. Enjoy with a fork. Re-heats nicely in the oven or microwave. Serves 4.
- The crust is 1 carb per quarter of the recipe.