Welcome to my low carb recipe blog. I’m Kim. I’m the creative force behind Low Carb Maven where you’ll find great low carb recipes to nourish you and your family. Do you follow a Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) or Ketogenic diet? Are you interested in gluten-free cooking or reducing your sugar intake? You’ll find recipes here to help you reach your goals whether they be fitness, dietary, health related, or just getting dinner on the table. Almost all recipes are diabetic friendly. I’ve cooked this way since 2009 and LOVE it!
Meals are prepared from scratch using wholesome ingredients but I’m not above using convenience items – I’m busy just like you! My posts include tips, helpful cooking techniques and honest opinions of the cook books and products I’m sent to review. Sharing information for everyone’s benefit makes me happy. I believe the mastery of a few basic skills and foundation recipes leads to greater confidence and creativity in the kitchen. I hope these recipes inspire your own meal creativity and result in you accomplishing your goals – whatever they may be.
Leave me a comment on any post!
Contact me at: kim [@] lowcarbmaven [dot] com
- I am a forty-something stay-at-home-mom trying to “rock-it” every day — sometimes I succeed.
- I’ve been happily married to the same wonderful man for 20 years.
- My gorgeous children were born in China — we’re a Forever Family!
- I was a Nationally Certified Sign Language Interpreter for the Deaf — I still sign.
- I could live on chocolate chip cookies and coffee forever – they’re my fave.
- I have a kitchen gadget and white dish fetish – someone help me!
- I can’t dance but I can sing.
- My favorite color is blue.
***I strive to provide recipes with the lowest carb count possible without sacrificing flavor or texture. Sometimes that means more or specialty ingredients. My recipes are Diabetic Friendly but you should test your blood sugar to see how a recipe or new ingredient affects you. I use the MasterCook program to calculate the nutritional information for recipes. I subtract the values for erythritol in all of my recipes since it generally contributes little to no calories, fat, carbohydrates, fiber or protein. I am not a doctor or a nutritionist.
Signup for my Newsletter
Subscribe to get our recipies by email.