Low carb pepperoni pizza with a Fathead Crust tastes just like the real thing. This easy mozzarella dough takes minutes to make and bake!
One food I regularly miss on my low carb keto diet is pizza. But thanks to recent innovations in low carb pizza crusts, it’s back on the table – literally! Low carb pepperoni pizza is my current favorite, but I am one who likes lots of gourmet flavors on my pizza so a nice Low Carb Sausage Kale Ricotta Pizza makes me equally as happy.
I have enjoyed using this variation on the original Fathead crust by Cooky’s Creations. It’s extremely easy to make and calls for regular ingredients like almond flour, egg, mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. It makes a sticky dough but is easier to handle when cool and with oiled hands. I like add a little protein powder which I think improves texture, but it’s optional.
We’ve had low carb pizza almost every week for Friday pizza night/ movie night with the kids. The most popular variety we’ve had so far is this all-American-classic, pepperoni pizza. My family loves it.
This low carb pepperoni pizza tastes so much like the real deal that it satisfies those pesky pizza cravings. Of course it’s not going to have the exact texture as a real pizza, but it comes pretty darn close. The crust is thin and crisp and holds up well to toppings.
If you haven’t tried this recipe for low carb pizza crust, let me warn you. This is for serious cheese lovers only. It’s made almost entirely of cheese!
Serve this great low carb Pepperoni Pizza with a nice big salad and you will be happy-happy!
*This recipe makes one large thin sheet pizza, two 10 inch extra thin round pizzas or one 12-13 inch thin round pizza (shown).
Try this Low Carb Pizza Pepperoni Pizza with Fathead Crust at 5 net carbs per serving!
[This recipe and post may contain affiliate links.]
Low Carb Pepperoni Pizza Recipe with Fathead Crust
- 1½ cups part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz full fat cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp oat fiber (or 2 tbsp whey protein powder or 1/4 cup more almond flour)
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (5 oz /150 g)
- 1/2 cup store bought marinara sauce (I like Rao's) (4 oz/113 g)
- 20 slices pepperoni slices (or as much as you'd like) (1.5 oz/43 g)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and position one rack to the bottom position and the other to the upper third.
- Low Carb Pizza Crust: Microwave the cheeses in a microwave safe bowl for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes, stirring half-way through. Scrape melted cheese into the bowl o a food processor with the egg and process until combined. Add the dry ingredients and process again until thoroughly combined.
- If the dough is very warm and sticky, scrape it onto a piece of plastic wrap and place into the freezer until the oven is ready. The dough is very sticky by nature, but oiling your hands makes it manageable. (If the dough is cool to the touch, skip the freezer.)
- Hand Method: Place a piece of parchment paper on a sheet pan and with oiled hands, pat the dough evenly into place. I prefer to oil my hands. the dough will cover most of the sheet pan. Dock (poke holes all over) with a fork.
- Rolling Pin: Alternately, roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper. This is my preferred way. Remove the top piece of parchment and transfer the dough and parchment to the baking sheet. Dock (poke holes all over) with a fork.
- Bake: Bake on the bottom rack for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and rub the crust with a piece of garlic. Spread the tomato sauce onto the pizza and top evenly with cheese. Add the pepperoni. Bake on the upper rack until the cheese has melted.
- Cut into 6 pieces and serve. Makes 1 very thin sheet-pan pizza, 1 12-13 inch pizza or two very thin 10 inch pizzas. The serving size is 1/6 of the recipe.
*** Pictures is a 12 1/2 inch pizza.