A great all-purpose garlic herb seasoning blend. Use it in soups, savory crackers and crusts, salad dressings or as a rub for grilled meats.
This is a fantastic all-purpose seasoning blend that I use for everything. I keep a jar of it in the cupboard to use any time a recipe needs a little something extra. It’s delicious as a poultry seasoning and makes for the best roast chicken.
It also makes a great garlic herb dry rub for chicken and pork for grilling, baking and for seasoning bread crumbs.
I originally developed this garlic herb seasoning to flavor my chicken and turkey soups. Since then, it’s found itself into several recipes like low carb herbed crackers, savory low carb quiche dough, salad dressings, delicious chicken marsala and even garlic Parmesan chicken wings.
EASY TO MAKE
No weird ingredients here… just herbs and spices most people already have in the pantry: salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, onion powder, garlic powder and lemon pepper. Since some lemon pepper brands are saltier than others, you may want to use less salt until you taste the seasoning.
I found that chopping the dried rosemary or working it in a mortar with a pestle made for a more homogenous blend – the pieces were more uniform.
Garlic Herb Seasoning Blend
- 2 tablespoons fine pink salt*
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 4 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1/4 cup onion powder (NOT onion salt!)
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic (NOT garlic salt!)
- Measure the dried rosemary, thyme and marjoram in a mortar and pestle and muddle to break-up the pieces or use a spice grinder. Add the herbs to a bowl and measure the rest of the ingredients adding them to the bowl as you go.
- Blend the herbs and spices thoroughly together.
- Transfer to a jar with a tight fitting lid and keep in the pantry.
- Serving size and nutritional information is for 1 teaspoon. (1.25 g net carbs per teaspoon)