A very versatile garlic and herb seasoning blend. Use it in soups, savory crackers and crusts, salad dressings or as a rub for grilled meats.
This is a fantastic all around seasoning mix that I use for everything. I originally developed it to flavor my chicken and turkey soups, but I have used this garlic and herbs seasoning blend recipe in low carb herbed crackers, savory low carb quiche dough, salad dressing, and delicious chicken and vegetables sautes.
NOTE: I kept the measurements in teaspoons instead of converting them to tablespoons because it’s faster just using the one measuring spoon and counting. If you want to convert, 3 teaspoons equals one tablespoon.
Versatile Garlic and Herb Seasoning Blend
- 8 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 4 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic
- Measure the dried rosemary, thyme and marjoram in a mortar and pestle and muddle to break-up the pieces or use a spice grinder. Add the herbs to a bowl and measure the rest of the ingredients adding them to the bowl as you go.
- Blend the herbs and spices thoroughly together.
- Transfer to a jar with a tight fitting lid and keep in the pantry.
- Makes 1 1/2 cups. Serving size and nutritional information is for 1 teaspoon. (1.25 g net carbs per teaspoon)