Crispy low carb Herbed Crackers with a creamy low carb Bacon Horseradish Dip are fantastic together.
Sometimes two great tastes are better than one…
I feel great putting a low carb cracker and low carb dip recipe on the blog today as I have been working really hard on making some terrific Valentine's Day creations and I'm a little tired of eating desserts! I know, that's Blasphemy for some, but it's been getting a little out of hand.
I have an obsession with crunchy gluten free snacks– especially low carb crackers and chips. I suppose it' s because they are such great vehicles for creamy dips like this Bacon Horseradish Dip, which is yummy on its own, but is even better when paired with these easy low carb Herbed Crackers. Truly, the combination is tremendous.
You're not going to believe what I used to season these low carb crackers. I used my Turkey Soup Seasoning Blend which I have since made into its own post because I use it on and in everything. It is now called Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend and it's still great as a poultry soup seasoning. I still had some left over from Thanksgiving and threw it into my last batch of crackers and they were great!
This creamy bacon horseradish dip is made with Greek yogurt, Fage brand. I chose using the Greek yogurt for two reasons; one – because yogurt is full of beneficial cultures, and two – because I already had some in my fridge. The dip is loaded with bacon and flavored with green onion and dill, and although it is a basic recipe it tastes absolutely amazing with these flavorful herbed crackers.
If you don't do dairy I have another dip that is dairy-free, vegan, and paleo – try the Creamy Curry Cashew Dip. It is delicious! And, with new photos – it even looks appetizing now!
For more low carb and gluten-free crunchy things, try the Low Carb Chile-Lime Chips.
The crackers and dip are enough for 6 servings. Each serving is 5 net carbs.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Fage Greek Yogurt 2% or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 3-4 slices of bacon
- 2 teaspoons green onions, minced
- Preheat oven to 350. Cut two pieces of parchment to fit a sheet pan and spray each with baking spray.
- For the Herbed Crackers: Put the almond flour, baking soda, salt and Garlic & Herb Seasoning in a small mixing bowl and stir with a wisk until thoroughly combined, breaking up any lumps. Beat the egg and pour into the dry, Herbed Cracker mixture. With a rubber spatula, stir the ingredients until a stiff dough forms.
- Divide the dough in half. Roll the dough between the oiled parchment paper to 1/8-1/4 inch thickness. I like mine thinner, but they brown more. With a sharp knife, trim the dough into a rectangular shape, then cut the dough into rectangles of your desired size. Alternately, you can use a tortilla press to produce round disks of dough that can be cut into wedge shapes for pita chips. It is easier and faster.
- Lift the parchment with the cut cracker dough off of the work surface and place on the sheet pan. Bake 10-15 minutes until the outer edges of the crackers begin to brown. Remove the herbed crackers from the oven and let cool on a cooling rack. Repeat the process until all of the dough has been used. Turn off oven.
- Gather any crackers that seem under baked and put them back on the parchment lined sheet pan. Place the pan in the cooling oven and check every 3-5 minutes until they crisp up a bit. Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
- Bacon Horseradish Dip: Cook the bacon, cool and chop. Mince the green onion. In a small bowl, add the mayonnaise and the yogurt (or sour cream) and blend with a whisk until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to combine. Refrigerate until needed. The flavors will blend and intensify as the dip sits. If you want your bacon crispy in the dip, then add it right before serving.
This will serve 4 as a snack:
Calories: 425 Fat: 42 Carbohydrates: 8 Fiber: 3 Protein: 12
Signup for my Newsletter
Subscribe to get our recipies by email.