This easy keto dinner includes grilled chicken topped with a Mediterranean style salad of ripe cherry tomatoes, fresh herbs, garlic, olive oil, feta cheese and Kalamata olives. It’s like Summer on a plate.
THIS POST INCLUDES AFFILIATE LINKS TO SHARE THE THINGS I LOVE.
Easy Keto Greek Chicken
If you need an easy Summer chicken recipe, this keto greek chicken is the one. My brother found it in a magazine almost 10 years ago and I’ve changed over time per my taste. I wish I could credit the original source because I’ve made this recipe close to a hundred times.
The recipe starts with chicken cutlets seasoned simply with salt and pepper. My brother uses his grill pan to cook the chicken, but I prefer to use the grill. The smoky flavor it imparts and the little burned bits around the edge, make it taste even better. Squeezing fresh lemon juice over the chicken at serving-time adds a bright burst of flavor.
The tomato salad topping is full of delicious Mediterranean flavor. Halved sweet grape or cherry tomatoes meet the saltiness of feta cheese and Kalamata olives. Fresh mint, basil or oregano deliver a pop of Summertime flavor while olive oil forms the bridge that binds it all together. Make sure to use a good extra virgin olive oil for best flavor.
- Use queso fresco (a crumbly Mexican cheese) instead of feta cheese.
- Sub briny green or sweet black olives for Kalamata olives.
- Try red onion instead of minced garlic.
- Experiment with basil, fresh oregano, rosemary or a combination of your favorite herbs.
This Great Greek Grilled Chicken recipe is fantastic with grilled tuna or swordfish steaks! Talk about a dish guests rave about!
OTHER KETO RECIPES WITH GREAT MEDITERRANEAN FLAVOR:
- Roasted Eggplant Dip
- Low Carb Hummus
- Traditional Greek Salad
- Marinated Olives
- Marinated Feta Cheese
- Mediterranean Cucumber Salad
- Greek Lamb Burgers
Easy Keto Greek Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 oz each)
- 1 tbsp olive oil for the chicken
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 8 oz cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 6 whole pitted Kalamata olives halved (more to taste)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint or basil leaves sliced thinly (see post for other ideas)
- 1 oz feta cheese cubed
- Take the chicken out of the fridge 20 minutes before cooking. Rub the chicken with 1 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Pre-heat the grill.
- Halve the tomatoes and olives. Mince the garlic. Chiffonade the fresh herbs by stacking the leaves on top of each other and rolling lengthwise. Slice thinly crosswise. Cube the feta cheese. Place all of these ingredients EXCEPT the feta cheese into a medium bowl with 1/4 cup olive oil. Stir to coat and let marinate until service.
- Once the grill is hot, oil the grate and cook the chicken 4-6 minutes per side until firm to the touch and the internal temperature reaches 160F. Remove to serving platter and tent with foil for 10 minutes so it will be juicy
- Slice chicken and place on serving platter. Gently stir the feta cheese into the tomato salad and spoon it over the chicken. Serve with a green salad.