A creamy, low carb hummus made with cauliflower and artichoke bottoms. It looks and tastes just like the real thing! This flavorful dip it goes with all you Mediterranean favorites!
Have you ever been to Costco when the Pita and Hummus vender is there? They have some of the best flavors hands down – and the best pita chips.
My husband and I used to bring home several tubs of hummus and a big bag of pita chips every time the they were in town.
Those were the days before kids and accountability. A time when calories and carbs didn’t count if no one was looking!
I am I the only one who misses hummus? All of those rich complex flavors; tahini, garlic, olive oil and lemon? I just love it.
I think this low carb cauliflower hummus is a fantastic substitute for chickpea hummus. It comes so close to the real thing I bet no one would guess it’s made of cauliflower and artichoke bottoms! My husband and kids loved it. I’m predicting it will become a staple in our house…
And you can’t have a low carb hummus without the perfect”dippers”. We thought the crispy almond sesame crackers and veggies were perfect for this dip. The crackers are very easy to make and they taste so good.
The crackers consisted of mixing a few ingredients to form a dough, then I rolled it out, cut it into squares and baked. Just cook, break apart, and 40 tasty crackers are ready to be enjoyed!
This creamy Cauliflower Hummus is 3.3 net carbs per 1/4 cup serving.
Creamy Cauliflower Hummus (Low Carb, Paleo)
- 1 pound cauliflower
- 14 oz canned artichoke bottoms
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons low carb sugar (or your favorite sweetener)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Steam the cauliflower until tender and squeeze out as much moisture as you can with your hands. Put into a food processor fitted with a metal blade. (I use the microwave to steam my cauliflower. For a more mild flavor, boil the cauliflower until tender, drain, then squeeze).
- Squeeze out the artichoke bottoms and add to the food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until the artichoke hummus is smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serves 12 at 1/4 cup serving. 3.3 net carbs per serving.