Perfect for gatherings, this easy and attractive Caprese Salad with Cherry Tomatoes Olives and Artichoke Hearts is great as a side, lunch, or even as a light meatless meal.
Heres a pretty Summer salad that’s great for a party, as a side, or as a light meal.
It comes together in minutes and keeps well in the fridge.
I saw a similar caprese salad with cherry tomatoes at the grocery store the other day and it looked so good that I thought I would make my own version. I loved the colors of the white mozzarella, black olives, and red grape tomatoes, but I wanted a little green for contrast. I added a few green olives and a small jar of marinated artichoke hearts.
It was so easy that I will be making this again and again throughout the Summer…
This is a make-the-day-before salad because it needs time to marinate in the salad dressing. It can be eaten as a lunch salad or as a side to a great grilled piece of meat. Alternately, throwing a little grilled chicken or cooked pasta into the bowl would turn this simple salad into a simple and refreshing Summer meal.
- Add grilled chicken
- Add cooked pasta
- Add chopped fresh basil
- Add fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
Caprese Salad with Cherry Tomatoes Olives and Artichoke Hearts is 4.5 net carbs per serving.
Caprese Salad with Cherry Tomatoes Olives and Marinated Artichoke Hearts
Garlic and Herb Vinaigrette
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 6.5 ounces marinated artichoke hearts
- 6 ounces large pitted black olives
- 6 ounces grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoons Garlic and Herb Seasoning Blend
- Salad Dressing – Immersion Blender or Blender Method: Measure all of the ingredients into a bowl or into the blender carafe. Blend until emulsified. It will separate over time, but a good shake will bring it back together.
- Assembling the Caprese Salad: Drain the fresh mozzarella cheese. cut into chunks about the size of the whole grape tomatoes, and add it to a medium bowl. Drain the can of black olives and cans of marinated artichoke hearts. Add the olives and artichoke hearts to the bowl. Add the tomatoes to the bowl. Pour about 3/4 of the dressing over the mixture and add the two teaspoons of Garlic & Herb Seasoning. Stir and refrigerate.
- Stir and adjust seasoning before serving.