This easy low carb broccoli salad with bacon delivers great crunch and flavor. This version is easy, totally customizable and perfect for any low carb ketogenic diet.
This raw broccoli salad has been around forever. I think the first time I had it was for my engagement party 20 years ago, which my mother so graciously hosted at home. It was a very small affair with only family and a close friend in attendance. Hey, East Coast Family, we all miss you!
The traditional version of this easy, low carb broccoli salad with bacon calls for raisins, but we enjoy subbing cranberries. The dressing calls for sugar, but we find that by subbing erythritol, xylitol or stevia, we get the same great sweetenss for less carbs. And, because this recipe is dairy-free, I know this is something my daughter can have. Toppings are always fun and we add toasted sesame seeds, toasted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds or even toasted nuts, for a crunch factor.
This is one of my go-to salads in the Summer because it goes with most mains. Also, my kids like broccoli and are guaranteed to eat it. This recipe makes a lot, but we eat it with our lunches and dinner and I have been know to have it for breakfast, too. My friends can always count on me to bring this easy, low carb broccoli salad with bacon to all of our gatherings. Why? Well, it’s my favorite!
Do you have a favorite version on this salad? How do you make it yours?
This amazing Low Carb Broccoli Salad with Bacon is 2 net carbs per serving
[Disclosure: This recipe contains affiliate links.]
Easy Low Carb Broccoli Salad With Bacon
- 1 pound broccoli florets about two big heads and stalks cut and trimmed
- 1/4 pound bacon
- 1/2 bunch green onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Swerve or powdered erythritol or stevia glycerite to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (optional but included in nutritional info.)
- Cook and crumble the bacon.
- Trim and cut broccoli into bit sized pieces.
- Slice the scallions.
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing.
- Assemble before serving and garnish with your favorite topping. Makes 8 cups with 1 cup per serving.