These Low Carb Chile Limon Chips are crispy and sturdy enough to stand up to any dip! They are the perfect gluten & grain-free snack for football season or as an accompaniment to your Mexican Food.
It’s football season! Being from Southern California we (my family) support the San Diego Chargers, but we also have long standing football rivalry in the home. I am a Dallas fan and the Hubs is a Washington fan. Luckily, we’re good natured people and make it a friendly rivalry and not die hard! My daughter could care less about the games on t.v., but my son is starting to pay attention and celebrate the touchdowns and groan at the hard hits! It’s pretty cute. I remember doing the same thing as a kid while watching the games with my Dad.
Anyway, when we watch football we like to have our low carb snacks, and when I say snacks, I mean chips and guacamole. Admittedly, I’m a guacamole purist. A little bit of lime, a little bit of salt, a touch of garlic and I’m a happy girl! I don’t feel the need to mix a bunch of stuff into my guacamole. I’d rather put that stuff on top of my guacamole as a garnish. Then I can have-at-’em with my chips; like these Low Carb Chile Limon Chips! Don’t they look great? They are!
My kids love chips! It must be the crunch factor because they could eat a whole family-sized bag of tortilla chips without batting an eye. We don’t buy tortilla chips very often because many of them are not gluten-free or grain-free. We have to watch those food labels!
Whether you are avoiding gluten or grains out of necessity or out of choice, these Low Carb Chile Limon Chips are for you. They’re made with almond flour which keeps the carb count low, so if you’re following a low-carb diet, you’ll be happy to know that you can enjoy chips once again. And let me tell you that they are so full of flavor you may have a hard time putting them down!
I confess. I did not invent the seasoning combination for these chili-lime chips. I cheated. Hey, I’m a busy mom so sue me. I used Mrs. Dash Salt Free Fiesta-Lime Seasoning Blend. No, I don’t get paid for saying that. I’m just starting out in the blogosphere and don’t get paid by anybody! But you could easily sub your favorite seasoning or come up with your own to flavor your chips.
I have included a special trick that will save you some time. Do you see the tortilla press above? It makes the process so easy you’ll wonder why you hadn’t thought of it before. Wait. You didn’t. It was me. Just kidding. You’ll thank me. Now, go make some Chile Limon Chips.
Low Carb Chile Limon Chips are 3 net carbs per serving!
[Post contains affiliate links.]
Low Carb Chile Limon Chips
- 1 cup Honeyville Almond Flour 4 ounces
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime No Salt Seasoning (or your favorite)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Measure the almond flour, salt and Fiesta Lime seasoning powder into a medium bowl and thoroughly whisk together, breaking up any lumps. Taste a pinch of the mixture to check your seasoning level. Adjust. Beat the egg and add it to the almond flour mixture. Mix with a spatula until completely combined. You should have a somewhat stiff and a little bit sticky dough.
- Divide the dough into four portions and roll each one into a ball. With a rolling pin roll the dough into a circle like making a pie crust. To prevent sticking, roll the dough between two oiled sheets of parchment paper.
- Transfer the circle of dough to a parchment lined sheet pan and cut each round into six triangular pieces with a pizza cutter or a knife. I can only get two rounds on a sheet pan at a time. Bake until browned and crisp - about 15-20 minutes. Cool completely. The chips will be dark in color because of the chili powder in the seasoning.
- Makes 24 chips at 2.94 net carbs per 6 chips (or 1/4 of the recipe)