Creamed Coconut Curry Spinach is a fast and easy low carb, side that you’ll want to have again and again. Bitter spinach, sweet coconut milk, and yellow curry, combine to create a winning dish! Garnish with fruit or nuts to add another flavor or texture dimension.
If you like keto creamed spinach and you like coconut and curry, you are going to love combining the two! My family used to get excited when I made keto creamed spinach – you know, like the one a popular steak house serves? But when we were told to cut gluten and casein out of my daughter’s diet, we said goodbye to several of our favorite dishes.
Over the years we have either found replacements or have discovered new favorites along the way. This is one of our new favorites, and it is one of my go-to sides when I’m pressed for time. It goes with many main dishes and it can be changed-up with the addition of nuts or fruit.
If you have any keto creamed spinach left over, make it into meatballs! They are the most delicious Coconut Curry Meatballs you will ever have! Or you can get fancy and make Massaman Curry With Turkey Meatballs. You’ll thank yourself a million times when you take your first bite!
Keto Creamed Spinach is 3 net carbs per serving.
[Post and recipe contain affiliate links]
Keto Creamed Spinach With Curry and Coconut Milk
- 16 ounces frozen spinach
- 13.5 ounces coconut milk (1 can)
- 1-2 teaspoons Mae Ploy Yellow Curry Paste (or 1-2 teaspoons madras curry powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Thaw the spinach and squeeze dry.
- Put a medium frying pan on medium heat. When it is hot, add two teaspoons of yellow curry paste and a few tablespoons of coconut milk. Mix the yellow curry paste and coconut milk and let it cook for just a minute until the curry paste becomes fragrant
- Add the spinach and the rest of the coconut milk. Stir to thoroughly combine all of the ingredients.
- Let the Coconut Curry Creamed Spinach cook until nice and thick, but still creamy. Garnish with almonds or fruit if you wish. Serve.