Keto Chicken Taco Soup
A creamy and delicious low carb lunch recipe. Keto Chicken Taco Soup is a delicious and comforting cool weather lunch.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tbsp Low Carb Taco Seasoning
- 8 oz full fat cream cheese room temperature
- 4 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro optional
- 1 lime, cut into wedges optional
- fresh sliced jalapeno optional
- shredded cheddar cheese optional
Add chicken, taco seasoning, chicken broth, and salsa to the instant pot. Be sure release valve is on the sealing position. Press the manual button and choose a 15 minute cook time. The instant pot will begin it's cycle.
After 15 minutes the instant pot will beep to let you know the cook time has completed. Let the it sit for 10 minutes. Then turn the valve to release position.
Remove the chicken from the instant Pot and shred with a fork.
Turn the instant Pot on the saute setting. Add the cream cheese and whisk until combined with chicken broth mixture.
Return shredded chicken to the Instant Pot and let simmer 3-4 minutes.
If desired, top with shredded cheddar cheese, cilantro, jalapeno, and lime wedge.
- 1 serving is approximately 1 cup of chicken taco soup.
- Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients.
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.75g | Protein: 16.2g | Fat: 10.62g | Fiber: 2.1g