This tasty low carb keto cornbread doesn't sacrifice taste or texture and cooks easily in a cast iron skillet. Contains no corn, but you'd never know it.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese (or part skim mozzarella) (4 oz)
- 2 cups almond flour (6.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened (2 oz)
- 3 large eggs (cold is fine)
- 1 tbsp baking powder (or 1 1/2 tsp baking soda)
- 1/2 tsp sweet corn extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter for the skillet
Put the ingredients for the cornbread into the bowl of a food processor in order. Process the ingredients until the form a sticky dough.
Scrape the dough into the prepared skillet and gently spread to edges and top with jalapeno slices.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before running a sharp, thin knife around the edge and slicing to serve.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave or place on a sheet pan and reheat in a 300 F oven until warmed through (about 15 minutes).
Serves 8, at 3.2g NET CARBS each.
Calories: 254kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.2g | Protein: 13.7g | Fat: 20.4g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 355mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g