Ham & Smoked Mozzarella Hasselback Chicken
This Ham & Smoked Mozzarella Hasselback Chicken is so full of flavor you won't believe it. Because it's a sheet pan dinner, it's fast, easy, and full of healthy vegetables.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 pound skinless-boneless chicken breast fillets (4) (16 oz/ 454 g)
- salt and pepper
- 3 ounces deli ham, sliced into strips (85 g)
- 4 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, 2 oz sliced thinly and 2 oz grated (113 g)
- 4 teaspoons chipotle mustard or Dijon mustard (20 ml)
- 1/4 cup pork rinds crushed, (1/4 oz/ 7 g)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic And Herb Seasoning Blend, or your favorite (5 ml)
- Roasted Marinated Vegetables
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered or sliced (227 g)
- 8 ounces asparagus trimmed, (227 g)
- 8 ounces whole cherry or grape tomatoes (227 g)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (15 ml)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (5 g)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Prep: Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place oven rack in middle position. Line a sheet pan with foil. Mix the seasoning with the crushed pork rinds. Trim the vegetables if needed.
Marinated Vegetables: Mix the ingredients for the vegetable marinade. Put asparagus, mushrooms and tomatoes into a shallow container and toss with the marinade.
Chicken: Slice the ham into 1 centimeter - 1/2 inch strips. Thinly slice about 2 ounces of the cheese and grate the rest. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on all sides. Make 6 deep cuts in each chicken breast. Stuff the strips of ham into each cut in each breast. Next, put a piece of cheese into each cut. Smear a teaspoon of mustard on each breast. Divide the shredded cheese among the chicken, sprinkling on top. Sprinkle with the seasoned pork rinds.
Sheet Pan: Arrange the chicken so that there is room for the vegetables. I grouped my asparagus together, my mushrooms together and my tomatoes together. Lightly salt and pepper the veggies and chicken on the pan.
Bake: Bake the chicken for 20-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (160 degrees on an instant read thermometer).
Serve: Divide the chicken and vegetables among four plates.
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 18g | Fiber: 2g