Steak and eggs is a fast & easy breakfast that will keep you full past noon. Cube steak and cheesy scrambled eggs over asparagus are a perfect combination. Ready in under 20 minutes!
Breakfast is sometimes hit or miss for me. What I mean is that I can take it or leave it. Or perhaps I’m a bit jaded? I don’t know, maybe.
After blogging for two years and looking at food pictures all day, not a lot jumps out at me anymore. I’ve tried all the recipes for low carb pancakes and keto waffles. I ate the same delicious quiche for almost 3 years. Now, I’m looking to shake things up a little at breakfast like I did a few months ago with a fantastic poached egg and roasted vegetables dish. It was dastardly good with Siracha!
I’ve mentioned several times that I’m a beef lover through and through. So when I received some beautiful grass-fed cube steaks in my Butcher Box shipment, I knew exactly what I would do with them. While most people would look at those cube steaks and think chicken fried steak or salisbury steak (Okay, I did too!), I saw breakfast! I wanted a tasty steak and egg breakfast with well seasoned beef and cheesy scrambled eggs. Well, I got it and then some!
Now, people might argue that this meal is not keto – and they’d probably be right. It has a lot of protein for one meal, but if you are really active – especially if you are a guy, you would be able to eat this breakfast with no problems. I ate it every day a few weeks ago, and wasn’t hungry until late afternoon. I’m not sorry I did. It was great! Sometimes we just have to get our steak on!
p.s. Steak and eggs makes a great low carb dinner, too! ;)
This yummy & hearty Steak and Egg Breakfast is 3 net carbs per serving!
Low Carb Cube Steak and Eggs Breakfast (Suitable for Atkins Induction)
- 8 ounces cube steak
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon butter divided
- 2 ounce cheddar cheese
- 8 oz asparagus trimmed
- salt and pepper
- Preparation: Trim the asparagus and place into a microwaveable dish. Add 1 tablespoon water and cover with plastic wrap.
- Cube Steak: Season both sides of the cube steaks with salt and pepper. Heat a medium cast iron skillet over medium heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoon of butter and swirl to coat the bottom. Add the seasoned cube steaks and cook 3 – 4 1/2 minutes per side (or longer) depending on your preferred level of doneness. I like my cube steak more done! (While steaks are cooking start on the eggs!) Remove the cooked cube steaks to a place and tent gently with foil.
- Cheesy Scrambled Eggs: While the steaks are cooking, place a medium non-stick pan over medium heat. crack 4 eggs into a medium bowl and add 2 ounces of grated cheese. Mix together with a fork. When the pan is hot, add 1 tablespoon of butter and swirl to coat the pan. Add the egg mixture to the pan and leave it alone for a few moments while it cooks on the bottom. gently scrape the cooked egg to the center of the pan with a rubber spatula. Break up the center with the spatula and turn off the heat. Every 30 seconds or so, gently push the cooked egg to the center of the pan and gently break-up and fold the mixture. There should be just enough residual heat to make nice custardy eggs.
- Asparagus: While the eggs are cooking, place the asparagus into the microwave and cook on high power for about 2 minutes. Let it sit in the microwave until the eggs are ready.
- Serve: Place one cube steak on each plate, add half of the asparagus and season it with salt and pepper. Place half of the cheesy eggs on top and season with salt and pepper.