These Spinach Feta Quiche Muffins make low carb breakfast and snacking easy. They are perfect for any ketogenic diet and taste amazing!
I’m still visiting at my parents house in Texas and having such a great time. My son has been playing catch and soccer with his cousin and my daughter has been interacting with “Princess Kristen” who just turned two last Thursday. Let me tell you, this is what it’s all about… watching your children play with your siblings children and then the grandparents doing what they do; loving, supporting, laughing, comforting. Although I miss my husband during this yearly Spring trip, I left him in good hands with a double batch of these tasty low carb spinach feta quiche muffins.
It’s no secret that I love a good low carb quiche. I’ve published at least 6 low carb quiche recipes on the blog in the last year and a half, with the most popular being a low carb, crustless bacon and spinach quiche. It’s my favorite for everyday eating. In fact, I ate it almost every day for over a year because it’s easy to make and oh, so delicious. I’m like that, I can eat the same thing over-and-over, if it’s good, and not get tired of it.
But sometimes I have to change it up!
I decided it was time for the spinach bacon quiche to meet my all time favorite spinach artichoke dip and have a love child. These feta spinach quiche muffins are the best of both worlds. They are easy to prepare, convenient for snacking and great for freezing. Although they are small they pack a mighty wallop of flavor. Were talking sweet from the ham, salty and tangy from feta cheese, and an overall great seasoned flavor from onion, garlic, dry sherry and a hint of red wine vinegar. All of these tastes combine to make these spinach feta quiche muffins the perfect little ketogenic breakfast package for your low carb diet.
The quiches are cooked in a muffin tin using ham as the crust. It doesn’t actually become crispy, but it helps keep the muffin tin mess free and contributes a lot of flavor. I didn’t use any special ham, just a very thinly sliced prepackaged sandwich ham I found in the refrigerated grocery aisle. I replaced the heavy cream with cream cheese and seasoned the quiche similarly as I did the spinach artichoke dip.
If you aren’t into super cute muffin quiches then give these great recipes a try:
- Spinach Bacon Onion Crustless Quiche
- Ham Quiche Lorraine with Caramelized Onions (perfect for brunch)
- Ham and Arugula Quiche with Creamy Havarti & Smoked Gouda
These Spinach Feta Quiche Muffins are 2 net carbs each!
Low Carb Spinach Feta Quiche
- 1 tablespoon olive oil butter, ghee or bacon grease
- 1/2 cup onion, small dice (2 oz)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened until "melty" in the microwave
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 10 ounces frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 large eggs
- 4 ounces feta cheese cumbles
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (4 oz)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces thin deli ham, (12 thin slices)
- Preheat oven to 350 and place the rack in the middle position. Spray a 12 hole muffin pan with baking spray and line with 1 piece of ham per each muffin well.
- In a medium frying pan, saute the onions and garlic until translucent. Then add the sherry, cooking until the alcohol smell burns off. Add the vinegar and then the melty cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese has fully melted and the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- While the onions are sauteeing, add the remaining ingredients to the medium bowl and mix thoroughly. When the onion-cream cheese mixture is ready, add it to the bowl and mix with a hand mixer until blended.
- Divide the spinach feta quiche mixture evenly between the 12 cups, spooning it right into the ham lined muffin wells. I find that a 1/3 cup measure works perfectly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.