This easy low carb keto crustless spinach bacon quiche adapted from the original Atkins quiche recipe is great for those following the Atkins Induction phase (phase 1).
[Enjoy new photos of this easy crustless spinach quiche recipe with bacon.]
I’ve been making this low carb crustless quiche for several years now. It’s based on the original Dr. Atkin’s Spinach Quiche, except that I’ve changed the recipe per my tastes. And as far as quiches go, this is one of my favorites.
This is a super easy quiche recipe because it is crustless. Omitting the pastry saves loads of time and carbs. And since the recipe uses frozen spinach instead of fresh, there’s no need to wilt the spinach before using – just thaw, squeeze and go!
What I like about this low carb spinach bacon quiche it is that it’s not custardy. It’s substantial in texture and makes the perfect breakfast for Atkin’s Induction phase 1. If you prefer that perfect custard quiche texture check out my crustless mushroom quiche or the delicious low carb ham arugula quiche.
Looking at a day of 20 net carbs can be a little intimidating, but having a set carb count in the morning, can help you plan the day better. Don’t enjoy eating the same thing for breakfast everyday? That’s okay, change it up and have it for lunch instead of a salad. It’s a great tasting and filling meal.
At 4 net carbs per serving, this quiche packs a healthy wallop of 20 grams of protein to help fuel your morning, and plenty of fat to satisfy even the most strict keto diets.
I commonly divide my own quiche into 9 servings and one piece is still enough to keep me going until lunch. Eat this all week and you’ll be ready for a pancake treat come Sunday! Or for better portion control and better portability the Spinach Feta Quiche Muffins are AWESOME! Try the Low Carb Pancakes.
This Crustless Spinach Bacon Quiche Recipe is 4 net carbs per serving.
Crustless Spinach Bacon Quiche
- 1/3 pound bacon, cooked and chopped, (150 g)
- 16 ounce bag frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry, (453.5 g)
- 6 large eggs
- 2 ounces onion, thinly sliced or minced, (about 1/4 of a medium onion) (56.5 g)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (177.4 ml)
- 8 ounces Swiss or cheddar cheese, grated (226.7 g)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- Cook the bacon until crisp and chop. I do a whole pound in the oven and only use 1/3 for the recipe.
- Grease a pie plate or 8x8 glass dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Thaw the spinach and squeeze dry. Slice the onion very thinly into half rounds or mince. Grate the cheese.
- Put all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix with a hand mixer until totally combined. Pour into the prepared pan and spread with a rubber spatula. Place into the middle of the oven and cook for 40 minutes.
- Serve warm. Refrigerate up to 1 week or freeze up to 3 months.
- Serves 6 at 4 net carbs per person.