Step aside, PSL! These pumpkin spice latte milkshakes are the new must-have winter drink. Not to mention that they are keto friendly!
It’s pumpkin season, and that means time for lots of sweet and spicy and tasty things. Cue these pumpkin spice latte milkshakes. Think latte meets pumpkin spice meets creamy deliciousness, topped with more creamy deliciousness in the form of coconut whipped cream. Are you salivating yet?
THIS POST INCLUDES AFFILIATE LINKS TO SHARE THE THINGS I LOVE.
What ingredients will I need to make pumpkin spice latte milkshakes?
You only need 7 ingredients to make these tasty shakes:
- Coconut milk and your favourite low-carb liquid sweetener to make coconut whipped cream (more on this below!)
- Instant coffee (can sub 1 shot freshly brewed espresso)
- Ice cream – we like this sugar free vanilla ice cream from Sugar Free Londoner (or try Keto Pint, Rebel Ice Cream or Halo
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Pumpkin puree – got some leftover pumpkin puree? Why not make some low carb pumpkin bread!
- Milk of choice – we like almond!
To make the pumpkin spice latte milkshakes, we will blend together the coffee, ice cream, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree and milk. You could stop here, but why not top your milkshakes with some coconut whipped cream?
How to make coconut whipped cream:
Coconut whipped cream is a dairy-free alternative to whipped cream made from coconut milk. Here’s how to make your own at home in just 3 easy steps:
- Refrigerate a can of coconut milk overnight. This causes the coconut milk to separate into a runny liquid and thick cream.
- Remove the thick cream from the can and transfer to a bowl. The leftover liquid can be used in smoothies.
- Whisk up the thick cream with 2 tbsp of your favourite low-carb sweetener (optional).
Want to learn more about dairy-free whipped cream? Read our guide to making coconut whipped cream for all the details!
Variations on this recipe:
- Not a fan of coffee? Simply omit it!
- If you do not have pumpkin pie spice, you can make your own using 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground ginger and 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg.
- If you do not wish to make coconut whipped cream, you can use regular whipped cream instead.
- Why not add in a teaspoon or two of homemade pistachio almond butter for extra flavour?
Pumpkin Spice Latte Milkshakes
- 1 1/2 tsp Instant Coffee
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 cup Keto Vanilla Ice Cream* (homemade or store bought)
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 1/3 cup Almond Milk or low carb milk of choice
For the coconut whipped cream:
- 1 can Coconut Milk (full fat)
- 2 tbsp Low Carb Sugar
To make the coconut whipped cream:
- Refrigerate the coconut milk overnight. Open the can, remove the thick cream and transfer to a bowl. Reserve the liquid to use in smoothies.
- Add 2 tbsp low carb sugar to the thick coconut cream. Whisk to your preferred consistency.
- Mix together the instant coffee and water in a small jug and add it to a blender. Add the ice cream, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree and milk.
- Blend the milkshakes until well combined. Transfer to your favourite glasses.
- Top the milkshakes with coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice (optional). Enjoy!
- Makes 3 shakes assuming 2 tablespoons whipped coconut cream per shake. Net carbs per serving: 3.68 g
- These milkshakes are best served immediately but can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 day (note that they will become thinner as the ice cream melts)
- Store any leftover coconut whipped cream in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.