Have these juicy & mouthwatering 5-ingredient portobello mushroom burgers ready in less than 30 minutes! They’re 5 net carbs each.
I am so excited to share this post with you!
Have you heard of my friends at Tasteaholics?
They’re a hip new low carb site that offers great recipes and popular recipe videos. Tasteaholics was started by Vicky and her boyfriend Rami, who both enjoy creating keto and keto-paleo recipes that are ultra low carb and satisfying.
Vicki and Rami love cooking and working together to make beautiful nutritious food, claiming that the collaboration brings them closer together!
The recipes are quick, easy and flavorful; perfect for busy couples or those who are new to a low carb lifestyle. Each gourmet meal includes a delicious sauce or side. Did I mention that each recipe only has 5 ingredients & easy instructions? So great!
This great e-Cookbook includes:
- Information on the benefits of low carb and ketogenic diets.
- Links for a Macro Nutrient Calculator and Body Fat Percentage Guide.
- A list of the ingredients and equipment they use in the book.
- A list of low carb friendly seasonings if you decide to add them to the recipes.
- 30 great tasting – easy keto recipes.
- A great looking photo accompanies each recipe.
- All recipes are for a complete dinner portion including the side or vegetables.
- 5 item ingredient lists and super short recipe instructions!
BUY THE COOK BOOK HERE!
Let’s get on to the recipe, shall we?
I tested three recipes from Tasteaholic’s new cookbook: the Cheesy Meatballs Parm, Mediterranean Lamb Burger and the Cheesy Portobello Burger. They were all great! My favorite was the portobello mushroom burger.
I tried this particular recipe with 88% lean (recommended Tasteaholics), American Kobe Style beef, and grass-fed beef. All were good but the American Kobe style beef was absolutely amazing in this portobello mushroom burger and well worth the splurge!
I found this recipe very easy to prepare – it’s just 5 ingredients. The recipes did not call for any specialty ingredients or specialty kitchen items.
[NOTE] This cookbook will be especially useful for those folks who are new to low carb/keto eating and don’t know what to fix, those who don’t like to cook and those who don’t have the time to cook. It’s also for anyone who just likes to eat! Mmmm.
These Cheesy Portobello Mushroom Burgers are 4 net carbs per serving.
(DISCLOSURE: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through the link, I will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Although this is not a compensated post, I was given the cookbook to review. All opinions are my own and I liked the book enough to become an affiliate marketer for it. I think it will be valuable to those folks new to low carb who don’t know what to cook, don’t like to cook, or are very busy and need tasty, fast and easy recipes.)
Tasteaholic's Low Carb Cookbook & Cheesy Portobello Mushroom Burgers
- 2 large portobello mushrooms
- 10 ounces 88 % lean beef (I used American Kobe Style)
- 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 1 ounce fresh spinach finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 375F degrees. Remove the stems from the portobellos, chop finely and add to the ground beef. With a spoon, scrape out the gills on the underside of the mushrooms and discard. Chop the spinach and grate the cheese.
- Assembly: Season the mushrooms with a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Mix the cheddar cheese and spinach into the ground beef. (I used my hands. I also added 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.) Form two patties and press them onto the portobello mushrooms.
- Cook: Place the stuffed mushrooms on a small sheetpan or baking dish and cook for 20 minutes. Add the Parmesan cheese to the top of each and pop back into the oven to melt the cheese or under the broiler to brown it.