Low carb Pecan Turtle Cheesecake Bars have a “brown sugar” pecan crust & light-textured vanilla cheesecake topped with toasted pecans, chocolate fudge, & caramel. No-bake, low carb keto & sugar free.
THIS POST INCLUDES AFFILIATE LINKS TO SHARE THE THINGS I LOVE.
These low carb pecan turtle cheesecake bars started out as an unbelievably rich and velvety chocolate cheesecake with a pecan crust that tasted of buttered pecans and brown sugar. It was an amazing combination but unfortunately the intense chocolate flavor overpowered the lush homemade sugar free caramel sauce I spooned over the top.
Since bringing you the low carb Cranberry Walnut Crumb Bars a few weeks ago, I have found myself consumed with dessert bars. It’s funny, I never was a fan of them growing-up. I much preferred cookies and cake — and candy, I can’t forget candy. One of my favorite candies was chocolate caramel turtles which my mother surprised us with one year…. oh, way back in the late 1970’s.
This amazingly delicious low carb and sugar-free recipe has a few steps, but none that take very long to complete. It can even be prepared two ways; one way for those who like to have control over all of the ingredients they consume and one for those who are pressed for time and don’t mind using store bought shortcuts.
Do I Have To Make the Sugar Free Fudge Sauce and Keto Caramel Sauce by Scratch?
Feel free to use your favorite store bought sugar-free caramel sauce and sugar-free fudge sauce for this recipe.
NOTE: If you opt to prepare these no-bake dessert bars completely by scratch, there will most likely be some caramel and hot fudge sauce left over, however, I calculated the carb counts based on using the entire recipes of each of them.
Check out these great recipes, too!
- Caramel Pecan Pie Squares – tastes like pecan pie.
- Cranberry Walnut Crumb Bars – utterly tangy and delicious!
- My Favorite Low Carb Lemon Bars – a bright lemony classic!
- Nana’s Cheese Pie – simple and simply the best crustless cheesecake.
- Low Carb Chocolate Lasagna – tastes just like the real thing!
As seen in Buzzfeeds: 21 Delicious Holiday Desserts You Won’t Believe Are Sugar Free
Pecan Turtle Cheesecake Bars are net 5 carbs per serving
Low Carb Sugar-Free Pecan Turtle Cheesecake Bars
Brown Sugar Pecan Crust
- 2 1/2 packages cream cheese, softened (20 oz / 567 g)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped (4 oz/ 118.29 ml)
- 2/3 cup Sukrin Melis (3 oz / 85 g)
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Stevia Glycerite (or more of your favorite sweetener to taste)
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped (4 oz/ 114 g)
- caramel sauce for drizzling
- fudge sauce for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 and toast all of the pecans (2 cups). Cool.
- Spray a 9X9 inch square baking pan with baking spray and line with a sheet of parchment long enough so that it over hangs two sides. This will help you remove the bars in 1 large piece for easier cutting and serving.
Brown Sugar Pecan Crust:
- Grind the Sukrin Gold in a coffee grinder and add it to a medium bowl. Grind the pecans in a coffee grinder or in a small food processor and add them to the medium bowl with the sweetener. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and whisk together thoroughly. Melt the butter and mix it into the dry ingredients. The mixture should hold together when squeezed gently in your hand. If not, add 1-2 tablespoons more melted butter.
- Dump the crust ingredients into the prepared pan and lay a piece of waxed paper over the mixture. Using a flat bottomed glass, very firmly press the mixture into the pan.
- Wipe out the bowl and add the softened cream cheese. Mix gently with a hand mixer to loosen-up the cream cheese. Add the vanilla and stevia glycerite and mix until completely incorporated. Sift the Sukrin Melis into the cheese mixture and beat until light and fluffy.
- In a smaller bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff. Visually divide the whipped cream into thirds and gently fold each third into the cream cheese mixture. Pour the cream cheese layer into the pan and evenly spread over the crust. Sprinkle the remaining chopped pecans over the top of the cheesecake. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat the caramel and hot fudge sauces in the microwave until warm and of a pour-able consistency, stir. Remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator and run a thin, sharp knife around the inside edge of the pan. Grab the parchment paper overhanging the sides and lift the Pecan Turtle Cheesecake out of the pan. This takes a little care and patience. Cut into 16 bars. Drizzle the caramel and hot fudge over each bar before serving.
- NOTE: I like putting the sauces in a small squeeze bottle to decorate the tops of the bars. Alternately, the sauce can be spooned into plastic bags. Snip the corner of each bag and squeeze the sauces over the bars.
Corrected an error found in the crust! Reduced butter from 8 T to 4 T!