Low Carb Pecan crusted chicken tenders is an easy weeknight meal that pleases kids and adults alike. With quick prep and cook times, you’ll have this keto dinner on the table in 30! Low carb, gluten-free, & egg-free.
This is such a great, low carb way to prepare chicken tenders or flattened/pounded chicken breasts. The chipotle seasoning blend and mustard deliver lots of flavor and the nuts provide a great crunch. With a prep time of 10 minutes and a cook time of 15, dinner can be on the table in 30 minutes. A few weeks ago, I served these Pecan Dijon Chicken Tenders with a great Sesame Slaw and placed both the slaw and the Pecan Dijon Chicken in doubled corn tortillas for my kids, and in romaine lettuce leaves for us adults (but a low carb tortilla with salad is a great option, too). The kids went nuts!
In these photos, I served these crunchy pecan crusted chicken tenders on a salad of arugula, with simple sides of Broccoli Salad and grape tomatoes. Serving possibilities are endless and serving fast and easy sides will keep these on the dinner rotation.
Always thinking ahead, I cooked extra tenders and they have been great on our lunch salads this week. Why make one recipe when preparing a little more takes just seconds longer and saves time later on? Some of the nuts will fall off after cooking, but just scoop them up and use them as a garnish for one of your sides.
Each Serving of Pecan Crusted Chicken Tenders is 4 net carbs
Low Carb, Gluten-Free Pecan Crusted Chicken Tenders
- 20 chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Swerve Confectioners (or 2 tablespoons. erythritol powdered)
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
Chipotle Chicken Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle chile powder (or less depending how hot yours is)
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Chipotle chile powder
- Grease or line a big sheet pan with foil.
- Mix the ingredients for the mustard coating and chipotle chicken seasoning together in a small bowl.
- Finely chop the pecans and place in a bowl or plate big enough to accommodate a chicken tender. Add the garlic salt and chipotle pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Dry the chicken tenders with a paper towel and place into a medium bowl. Pour the mustard mixture over the chicken and using your hands, mix the mustard and chicken together, making sure that all surfaces of the chicken is covered. Preheat the oven to 375.
- Pick up a chicken tender and place it into the nuts, coating both sides, and lay it on the sheet pan. Repeat the process for all of the chicken tenders.
- Place the sheet pan of pecan Dijon chicken into the oven and cook for 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and flip each piece over and cook for another 7 minutes. Remove the pecan Dijon chicken from the oven and turn on the broiler.
- Watching carefully, broil the pecan Dijon chicken for a few minutes until the nuts brown a little and crisp up.