These low-carb zucchini pizza bites are the perfect thing to make for your next Halloween party. They’re easy to make and quick to disappear!
Sometimes the pizza craving strikes HARD. Like so hard that waiting for the delivery guy won’t cut it. Sometimes, I want pizza right now. And when that happens, I make these super speedy zucchini pizzas!
As Halloween is approaching, I thought I’d make this recipe themed for you. If you’ve got a Halloween party coming up, these zucchini pizzas are the perfect thing to make! These pizzas are low carb and easily made vegan, so they’re perfect for guests with allergies or dietary requirements. Don’t forget to make some sugar free candies to bring too!
How to decorate zucchini pizzas for Halloween:
Aren’t these pizza bites super cute? Not to mention impressive looking! The best part is that they are so easy to make.
To make spider pizzas, slice a black olive in half for the body, and slice the remaining half into crescents to use for the legs. You can place the olive spider directly atop the sauce or place some sliced cheese underneath to contrast the black olives.
To make mummy pizzas, arrange thin slices of cheese across the zucchini slice, then use sliced olives for the eyes. You can use black olives, green olives, or even stuffed olives to make the eyes!
Variations on this recipe:
- Get creative with the toppings! You could make Frankenstein faces, scary witches or even monsters!
- If you do not want to make Halloween themed pizzas, you can of course use any toppings of your choosing.
- Make you green pizza even greener by using homemade pesto instead of marinara sauce.
- If you do not have zucchini, you could use eggplant instead.
Storing zucchini pizzas:
These zucchini pizza bites are best enjoyed immediately, but they can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 day. You can reheat these Halloween pizzas in the microwave or in the oven.
A big thank you to Shivani for these fun Halloween zucchini pizzas!
Halloween Zucchini Pizza Bites
- 1/2 medium Zucchini sliced into 12 rounds
- 1/4 cup Low Carb Marinara Sauce I like Rao's
- 1 slice Mozzarella Cheese or vegan alternative like Diaya
- 1/4 cup Pitted Black Olives
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Slice the zucchini into 12 1/4 inch slices. Place them on a baking tray. Top each slice with 1 tsp of marinara sauce (or more/less to your preference).
- To make spider pizzas, slice an olive in half for the body, and slice the remaining half into crescents to make the legs. Arrange the olive pieces on the zucchini pizzas.
- To make mummy pizzas, arrange thin slices of cheese atop the marinara, and place two olive slices for the eyes.
- Bake the Halloween pizzas for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Enjoy!
- Makes 12 pizza rounds and serves two, with 6 rounds each. Net carbs per serving: 2.3g
- Cooked pizzas will store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 day. Reheat in the microwave or oven.