A low carb chocolate smoothie bowl so pretty and delicious it will banish your ice cream cravings! This healthy alternative is sugar free – it’s perfect for breakfast or as a treat.
Sometimes I just want something beautiful for breakfast.
With a few berries thrown in.
Something easy to make and a bit decadent.
This low carb Chocolate Smoothie Bowl hits all of those sweet spots for me.
It’s like a thick chocolate milkshake but it’s good for you. I know. It doesn’t look like it’s healthy. But, it’s a sugar-free protein smoothie using one of my favorite low carb protein powders, Isopure.
I could eat this every day. EVERY DAY.
Although it’s the middle of winter I still crave ice cream and this thick and creamy, chocolate smoothie takes care of that craving toot-suite.
And, it is so easy to make. The blender does all of the work for me. I just add ingredients, push a button, et voila; the magic happens and I have a bowl of chocolate heaven in a minute.
Thank goodness for modern appliances! I’m a gadget junkie and couldn’t live without my blender. I’m sure you feel the same?
You might be wondering why is this a low carb chocolate smoothie bowl and not a low carb chocolate smoothie in a glass? Well, putting it in a bowl with my favorite fruits and nuts on top was infinitely more pretty and 100x more fun, of course. Everyone should have a little bowl of beautiful in the morning. Dontcha think?
How will you decorate yours?
This beautiful low carb chocolate smoothie bowl is 3 net carbs.
Low Carb Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
- 1/3 cup whey protein powder (Isopure has zero carbs)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- sweetener to taste
- 3 cups crushed ice
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum or glucomannan powder (or 1/2 teaspoon psyllium husk powder)
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils
- Pour the almond milk into a blender carafe.
- Add the protein powder, cocoa powder, sweetener, and thickener if using.
- Add the ice on top and blend. With the blender running add the melted coconut oil and continue blending until it almost doubles in volume. Taste and adjust.
- Pour into a bowl and top with the fruit and nuts.
[This recipe may contain affiliate links.]