The classic flavors of a Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato sandwich with avocado in a great salad. The BLT Salad with avocado has it all, plus a mayo dressing for 5 net carbs!
The BLT sandwich is beloved of all who enjoy a good summer tomato; add a creamy nutty avocado and I’m in heaven — but ditch the bread and there’s not much left. I love that some genius recreated one of my favorite sandwiches as a salad. Just toss your salad with a mayonnaise based dressing and all of those classic tastes are there!
I followed the de-constructed salad-styling-band-wagon for this salad, slathering the dressing on crispy romaine leaves then topping with sliced avocado, chopped bacon and halved grape tomatoes. But honestly, If I was preparing this BLT salad with avocado for myself, chopped would be the way to go.
Summer hasn’t even begun, but I can see many more delicious salads in my future…
What’s your favorite salad? Is it an oldie but goodie, a classic, or something you invented? My favorite right now has to be the Healthy Cobb Salad for One but the Grilled Chicken Caesar for One is running a close second. Oh, wait, I just can’t decide. They are all great to me.
This BLT Salad with Avocado is 5 net carbs per serving.
The classic flavors of a Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato sandwich with avocado in a great salad.. This BLT Salad with avocado has it all, plus a mayo dressing for 5 net carbs!
- 1 pound romaine lettuce 500 grams
- 8 slices bacon crumbled
- 1 whole avocado cubed
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes halved
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white or cider vinegar or lemon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons erythritol powdered (or 1-2 packets of your favorite sweetener)
- Prep: Cook bacon and crumble. Halve tomatoes. Cube the avocado.
- Make the dressing by adding all of the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and mixing together thoroughly. Adjust vinegar (or lemon) and sweetener to your taste.
- For the whole-leaf Low Carb BLAT Salad presentation: Cut the bottoms off of the heads of the romaine. Wash and dry the leaves. Divide the lettuce between four large dinner plates. Spread some dressing on each of the leaves. Visually divide the remaining ingredients and top the lettuce leaves with the bacon, tomatoes and avocados. If there is any dressing left over, drizzle it over the tops.
- For a Low Carb BLAT Salad presentation: Cut the bottoms off of the heads of romaine, wash and dry. Cut the romaine in to more manageable pieces and in a large bowl, toss with the dressing. Divide the dressed lettuce between four large salad plates and top each with the tomatoes, bacon, and avocado - dividing evenly between each plate.
This recipe can easily be scaled down to 1 or two servings by dividing the salad ingredients by 4 or 2.
The serving size for the dressing is roughly 3 tablespoons per salad.
Signup for my Newsletter
Subscribe to get our recipies by email.