The classic flavors of a Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato sandwich with avocado in a great salad. The BLT Salad with avocado has it all, plus a mayo dressing for 5 net carbs!
The BLT sandwich is beloved of all who enjoy a good summer tomato; add a creamy nutty avocado and I’m in heaven — but ditch the bread and there’s not much left. I love that some genius recreated one of my favorite sandwiches as a salad. Just toss your salad with a mayonnaise based dressing and all of those classic tastes are there!
I followed the de-constructed salad-styling-band-wagon for this salad, slathering the dressing on crispy romaine leaves then topping with sliced avocado, chopped bacon and halved grape tomatoes. But honestly, If I was preparing this BLT salad with avocado for myself, chopped would be the way to go.
Summer hasn’t even begun, but I can see many more delicious salads in my future…
What’s your favorite salad? Is it an oldie but goodie, a classic, or something you invented? My favorite right now has to be the Healthy Cobb Salad for One but the Grilled Chicken Caesar for One is running a close second. Oh, wait, I just can’t decide. They are all great to me.
This BLT Salad with Avocado is 5 net carbs per serving.
BLT Salad with Avocado (Low Carb, Keto)
- 1 pound romaine lettuce 500 grams
- 8 slices bacon crumbled
- 1 whole avocado cubed
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes halved
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white or cider vinegar or lemon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons erythritol powdered (or 1-2 packets of your favorite sweetener)
- Prep: Cook bacon and crumble. Halve tomatoes. Cube the avocado.
- Make the dressing by adding all of the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and mixing together thoroughly. Adjust vinegar (or lemon) and sweetener to your taste.
- For the whole-leaf Low Carb BLAT Salad presentation: Cut the bottoms off of the heads of the romaine. Wash and dry the leaves. Divide the lettuce between four large dinner plates. Spread some dressing on each of the leaves. Visually divide the remaining ingredients and top the lettuce leaves with the bacon, tomatoes and avocados. If there is any dressing left over, drizzle it over the tops.
- For a Low Carb BLAT Salad presentation: Cut the bottoms off of the heads of romaine, wash and dry. Cut the romaine in to more manageable pieces and in a large bowl, toss with the dressing. Divide the dressed lettuce between four large salad plates and top each with the tomatoes, bacon, and avocado – dividing evenly between each plate.
Healthy Cobb Salad For One (Low Carb, Keto)
For me, after trying the dressing i decided to cut the sweetener (didn’t taste right for me) and added a bit of garlic powder and a pinch of salt. aside from that i like the idea of using mayo as a base dressing.
I love this idea so much that I am making it right now. It is perfect for a really hot summer day! The only difference in the way I’m making it, really, is that I’m adding boiled eggs to the salad and dried garlic and dill to the dressing, for which I will use the lemon option, mostly because I’m using lemon to keep my avocados from browning already. Thank you!
Thanks, great recipe. I just add a little basil to the dressing.
Thank you for your generosity! I love many of your recipes but the BLAT Salad is my fav.
Dee, thank YOU for being so kind and for taking the time to leave a comment. Have a wonderful week. -Kim
I just started my low carb adventure one week ago! I am very excited about it! Now that I found your website through Yummly, I feel like I have the tools I need to succeed! Thank you for the inspiration!!!!!
Hi Lori. I’m glad you found me! Best of luck and thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Check back and let me know how it’s going. :) -Kim