This keto chocolate chia pudding is a super tasty breakfast or dessert. It’s vegan, gluten-free, made with just 5 ingredients, and deliciously chocolatey!
THIS POST INCLUDES AFFILIATE LINKS TO SHARE THE THINGS I LOVE.
Chia seeds are cheeky little things aren’t they? No matter how carefully you avoid getting them everywhere, you will undoubtedly find a few chia seeds lodged behind your toaster after using them. Even if your toaster is in a different room.
But trust me, the mess is so worth it for this chocolate chia pudding!
My healthier twist on chocolate pudding is made keto, vegan, and gluten-free thanks to some chia seeds! And not to mention, it’s chocolate flavored, which automatically makes it a winner.
What are chia seeds?
Chia seeds come from the plant salvia hispanica, which is in fact a member of the mint family.
The best thing about chia seeds is that in the presence of liquid they form a gel called mucilage. This is what helps to thicken our blueberry chia seed jam, as well as turn this chia pudding into a deliciously creamy keto dessert!
How to make chocolate chia pudding…the easy way!
Chia pudding is something which looks impressive but is ridiculously easy to make. I’ve found that the quickest and cleanest way to make chia pudding is to make it in a mason jar. Simply add all of the ingredients to your mason jar and shake to combine!
To allow the chia pudding to thicken, we need to chill it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. It’s a hard wait, but it’s so worth it – the end result is perfectly creamy and thick!
- To make this keto chia pudding thick and creamy, I like to use coconut milk as the liquid. For a lighter option, use almond milk.
- I like to serve my chocolate chia pudding with coconut yogurt, fresh berries and chocolate shavings. Feel free to use any toppings of your choice – from seasonal fruit to keto brownie pieces!
- If you like coffee, you’ll love my coffee chia pudding too! Just make the appropriate low carb sweetener sub.
Thank you Shivani Raja for this beautiful vegan keto recipe!
Keto Chocolate Chia Pudding (vegan)
- Add the cocoa powder and sweetener to a mason jar. Close the lid and shake well to remove any lumps.
- Add the coconut milk and vanilla extract to the mason jar. Close the lid and shake to combine.
- Add the chia seeds to the jar and shake again. Once the mixture is well combined, transfer the jar to the fridge.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve the chocolate chia pudding in your favourite jars, with coconut yogurt and seasonal fruit. Enjoy!
- Net carbs per serving: 5g
- Prepared chia pudding will store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.