Skip the starchy and sugary sauces found at your local Chinese restaurant. Make Chinese take-out at home with this easy keto beef and broccoli recipe. It has less than 10 ingredients and tastes delicious. Have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes!
THIS POST INCLUDES AFFILIATE LINKS TO SHARE THE THINGS I LOVE.
Is Beef and Broccoli Keto?
One of the better low carb options on a Chinese restaurant menu is beef and broccoli. However, the sauce on this popular dish is thickened with cornstarch, which is not keto friendly.
Happily, this beef and broccoli stir fry recipe contains no cornstarch or sugar and still delivers on flavor. It’s perfect for low carb diets like the Atkins diet or the Keto diet? Low carb Chinese food? Yes, please.
Keto Stir Fry to the Rescue!
Nothing gets dinner on the table faster than a keto stir fry. They only take a few minutes to cook and are a great way to utilize leftover vegetables and meat at the end of the week. Only a few specific ingredients are needed to give them that pungent flavor we all love: ginger, garlic, Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce), scallions, sesame oil and I love adding a little dry sherry.
Two of my favorite keto stir fry recipes are this easy pork stir fry and this ginger chicken stir fry with asparagus and snow peas. They’re DELISH! And even though my keto beef and broccoli isn’t an authentic beef and broccoli recipe, my guess is you’ll love it.
Best Keto Beef & Broccoli – Quicker than takeout!
Keto beef and broccoli is fast and easy dinner. In fact, the hardest part of making it is slicing up the beef and broccoli. To make it easier, gather all the ingredients together before prepping and cooking. And if you want to save even more time, buy pre-cut broccoli florets from the store.
Preparation: Cut, Mince, Slice & Measure
Begin by cutting the broccoli into florets. Then, mince the garlic and ginger. Slice the beef into ¼ inch pieces against the grain of the flank steak. Then measure the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl.
Cook the Beef
Add 2 tsp of oil to a hot pan or wok and swirl to coat. Brown the beef for 30 seconds on the first side before turning and cooking the second side. Tongs or a fork make it easy. Remove the beef from the heat as soon as it’s cooked so it stays juicy.
Cook the Vegetables & Add the Beef Back
Pour another teaspoon of oil to the pan and the garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring, until deliciously fragrant. Add the broccoli and sauce to the pan or wok. Steam the broccoli until it is bright green and crisp-tender. Remove the broccoli and reduce the sauce to a few tablespoons to concentrate flavors. Once the sauce has reduced, add the broccoli and the steak back to the pan to warm through and coat with sauce.
Add Final Touches and Serve
Finally, if you like things spicy, add red pepper flakes or serve with Chinese hot mustard.
This delicious keto beef and broccoli will satisfy all your takeout cravings and is an easy dinner you can make in just a few a minutes. Serve it tonight along with some cauliflower rice and enjoy!
NOTE: This makes only enough sauce to coat the ingredients. If you like extra sauce, double the sauce and consider using a slurry of 1 tsp arrowroot mixed with 1 tsp water. This adds 2.6 carbs to the whole dish and thickens the sauce slightly.
Keto Beef and Broccoli
- Wok or large skillet
- 16 ounces flank steak, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tbsp light olive oil divided
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 8 oz broccoli florets
- 10 oz frozen cauliflower rice, cooked (for serving)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp Tamari Soy Sauce (or liquid coconut aminos)
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp Better Than Bouillon Beef Base
- Mince garlic and ginger. Cut broccoli into florets and set aside. Slice the flank steak across the grain into 1/4 inch slices. Measure ingredients for sauce into a small bowl. Bring everything to the stove.
- Heat skillet or wok over medium-high heat. When hot, add half of the olive oil and swirl to caot the pan. When the oil shimmers, add the beef, cooking for 30 seconds on the first side before turning over to continue cooking. Remove to a plate or bowl and keep warm.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the pan with the garlic and ginger. Stir until fragrant. Then add the sauce and broccoli, giving it a quick stir. Cover to steam until the broccoli is crisp tender. Remove.
- Add any accumulated meat juices to the pan and reduce sauce to a few tablespoons. Add the beef and broccoli back to the pan to warm through. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Serves 4 people at 5.2 NET CARBS PER SERVING