The BEST cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip! This low carb dip comes together in minutes in a pan. It’s perfect for your low carb, ketogenic gatherings and is gluten-free.
I know I’m not the only person looking forward to New Year’s Day and then the Super Bowl. Not only are there plenty of football games on television, to my son’s delight, but snacks and appetizers reign supreme.
We love appetizers! We love snacks! We love chips! We love artichoke dip; especially this low carb spinach artichoke dip! I really and honestly feel that this is the BEST TASTING DIP AROUND!
BEST Low Carb Spinach Artichoke Dip!
When doing research for this particular recipe, I noticed that most spinach and artichoke dips share common ingredients in differing amounts. It’s a forgiving recipe ready for additions and substitutions.
I kept many of the ingredients for this recipe the same, but played with the quantities until I had something close to what I wanted. The addition of feta cheese contributes a nice salty tang. A very-dry sherry provides subtle sophistication (think fondue) while a hint of red wine vinegar heightens the over-all flavor.
While the ingredient list seems long, it mostly consists of cheese, spinach and artichoke hearts. The other ingredients contribute to creaminess and outstanding flavor. One thing I really appreciate is good flavor and I strive to deliver the best tasting recipes I can. Why eat it if it doesn’t taste great?
This recipe is fairly large (4 plus cups) and can be easily scaled in half for smaller gatherings. However, it is so good and versatile that you may want to make the whole quantity! Just an FYI… I have some recipes incorporating this great low carb spinach artichoke dip in the next few weeks. Try the 2-Bite Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms!
Low Carb Spinach Artichoke Dip with Feta is 3 net carbs per serving
Best Low Carb Spinach Dip! (keto, gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup shallot, minced (1 1/2 ounces)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry, chopped
- 2 14 ounce cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prep: Mince the shallot and garlic. Squeeze the thawed spinach dry and chop well. Drain the canned artichoke hearts and chop.
- Saute: In a large frying pan over medium heat, saute the onion and garlic in the oil until softened. Add the cream cheese and heavy cream and whisk until the cream cheese is melted and creamy.
- Add: Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and feta cheese. Stir with the whisk until the mixture is melted and gently bubbling. Turn down the heat if you need to.
- Next, add the dry sherry. Stir and let the mixture gently bubble until the sharp smell of alcohol dissipates. Add the red wine vinegar and stir.
- Last: Fold and stir in the spinach and artichoke hearts and heat until warmed through. Serve.
- Options: At this point it can be served, put into a oven proof casserole dish and placed into the oven, refrigerated until needed, put into a crock pot and kept warm or stuffed into mushroom caps.