Low carb curried turkey spinach meatballs start with low carb coconut curried spinach and taste great.
These low carb curried meatballs are so versatile.
I have used them in soup and in Massaman Curry, I have served them with a simple pan sauce over cauliflower rice, and on their own as a snack.
They just may be the perfect meatball of their kind.
And, one batch makes 3-4 different meals that all taste great and freeze beautifully.
I’m telling you, I can not rave enough about these easy to make Curried Spinach Turkey Meatballs. And, it all started with this great side:
This is a side dish I can whip-up in hurry. I have used it as a base for several recipes as well as eaten it as a warm dip for veggies and crackers.
(insert NYC accent here) But, we’re talking meatballs here!
This low carb turkey spinach meatballs recipe makes a lot of meatballs, but it doesn’t take a lot of time to put together. I think you’ll agree that it is super easy and super good! I like to pan fry 2/3 – 3/4 of them and simmer the rest in a soup. Three terrific meals can be made from this one recipe and this is what I make with them.
For a vegetarian meal based on the same flavors, try the Grilled Portobellos Stuffed With Curried Spinach. My husband learned to love mushrooms again with that one!
Each low carb curried turkey spinach meatballs is 1 carb.
As seen on Tasty: 17 Delicious Ways To Eat Spinach
Low Carb Curried Turkey Spinach Meatballs
- Prepare the Creamed Coconut Curry Spinach according to directions. Cool.
- Add the three packages of ground turkey to a large mixing bowl. Add the salt and mix with a hand mixer to break-up the meat. Add the creamed coconut curry spinach and mix thoroughly to combine, until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Put a small sheet pan or platter by the stove and lay a few paper towels on top. This is where you will put your cooked meatballs as they come out of the pan.
- (If you are interested in making the soup, make sure to read Spinach Turkey Meatball Soup. This is when you would begin.)
- When the oil is hot, begin rolling the meatballs into walnut sized balls and putting them into the frying pan to brown and cook. I cook about 10 at a time. Brown well on 3-4 sides and then remove to the paper towel lined sheet pan. Continue until all of the meatballs are cooked.
- To make the pan sauce for the meatballs: Add one can of coconut milk to the pan making sure to scrape up all of the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the juice of one lime. Taste the sauce and adjust for sweetness and seasoning. Add 1/3 to 1/2 of the meatballs and warm them up in the sauce.
- Serve over cauliflower rice, rice or fresh spinach.