Keto strawberry crepes are soft coconut flour crepes filled with luscious whipped cream are topped sweet fresh strawberries. The perfect low carb anytime dessert!
I’ve received a lot of positive feedback on my coconut flour crepe recipe. It’s an easy almost no-fail recipe. Many low carb crepes are too delicate and break when flipping or are stiff and don’t fold like a traditional crepe. This recipe is very much like a traditional crepe, although a little thicker.
An internet search on low carb or keto crepes will turn up many recipes. My guess is that most of the recipes will get you what you want by degree. Some have less ingredients but may taste eggy. Others may be so delicate that they are hard to flip and tear. Still others result in stiff-textured crepes that crack apart upon folding or rolling.
My coconut crepe recipe has more ingredients than most and a surprise ingredient! I spent many hours testing many iterations of the recipe until the taste, texture, and ease factor were to my satisfactory. It’s a great recipe perfect for both savory and sweet recipes. My favorite at the moment is enjoying these keto strawberry crepes and whipped cream!
What I love about keto dessert crepes is that the crepes can be made several days ahead. They can be filled with almost anything at a moments notice: whipped cream, sugar-free strawberry jam, sugar-free nutella, ricotta cheese, sour cream, plain yogurt. All it takes is a little imagination.
Keto Strawberry Crepes
Crepes with strawberries and whipped cream is a classic combination and one which I like best. To make the recipe I sweetened and whipped heavy cream and folded it into sour cream. Then, I sliced fresh strawberries and added a splash of sweetened Brandy and let them macerate. It took just a second to fill the crepes and add a few strawberries on top.
Keto Strawberry Crepes are 4.5 net carbs per serving.
[This post and recipe may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through a link may result in my earning a small consideration.]
Keto Strawberry Crepes
- Add the Brandy (or water) and water to a small bowl with 1 tablespoon of the sweetener and mix to dissolve. It may not dissolve completely. Slice the strawberries and place into a smallish bowl. Add the Brandy mixture and stir. Set the bowl aside while the strawberries macerate.
- Measure the heavy creme, the remaining sweetener, and vanilla into a 2-3 cup capacity bowl. Whip until very stiff.
- Add the sour cream to a smallish bowl and whisk to loosen. Spoon 1/4 of the whipped cream to the sour cream and gently whisk together. Fold half of the remaining whipped cream into the sour cream mixture with large spoon or a rubber spatula. Add the remaining whipped cream to the sour cream mixture and fold together completely. (The filling can be refrigerated up to a day at this point.) (Makes approximately 1 1/2 cups)
- Place 1/4 of the whipped cream mixture on one half of each crepe, spreading only on half of each crepe. Fold the naked half over the filled half, then fold corner to corner, like a handkerchief. Place one on each plate. (The crepes can be filled several hours before serving if covered and refrigerated.)
- Stir the strawberries and spoon 1/4 of the strawberries and juice over each filled crepe. Serve.
- Serves 4 with one filled crepe each.