Peanut butter chocolate fat bombs are the ultimate fat bomb recipe. The popular flavor combination of chocolate and peanut butter is enhanced with grass-fed butter instead of coconut oil, like most fat bomb recipes.
One of my favorite treats growing up was peanut butter cups. These chocolate peanut butter fat bombs taste very much like sugar free peanut butter cups. They’re easy to make and super delicious.
Fat Bomb Recipes and What is a Fat Bomb?
Fat bomb recipes are easy to make and can be sweet or savory. Any high fat and low carbohydrate food can be a fat bomb: avocados, heavy cream, cheeses, avocados, mayonnaise, nut/seed butters – even bacon. Any combination of these ingredients results in a fat bomb. The most popular fat bombs are sweet treats made with coconut oil or coconut butter mixed with sugar-free chocolate or nut butters like peanut butter. When “fat adapted” (burning fat as fuel), fat bombs can provide additional energy.
Not everyone likes the taste of coconut. For that reason I made these peanut butter chocolate fat bombs with butter – Kerry Gold butter which is grass-fed and full of omega 3’s. I used salted butter but you can use unsalted if you want. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are both cloyingly sweet and salty so I used salted butter.
Why Low Carb Keto Fat Bombs?
Why would anyone eat something that is made almost entirely of fat? Well, many people who follow a low carb and keto life style like to keep their daily fat intake upwards of 60-80% of their daily caloric intake. I won’t get into the science behind it, but by keeping carbs very low, their bodies run on fat instead of carbs. One can find information about low carb and ketogenic diets in my Low Carb Diet Beginners Guide.
I made this peanut butter chocolate fat bomb recipe in layers. It is just as good all mixed together as a “fudge”. Because this recipe is so rich, we opt for cutting the fat bombs into 32 squares. Enjoy!
Do you prefer sweet or savory fat bombs?
Peanut Butter Chocolate Fat Bombs are 2 net carbs per serving!
[This post may contain affiliate links.]
Peanut Butter Chocolate Fat Bombs
Peanut Butter Layer
- 1 cup peanut butter***
- 4 ounces Salted Kerry Gold Butter, soft
- 2 tablespoons low carb powdered sugar
- Spray an 8×8 inch pan with baking spray and line with parchment. It does not need to cover all 4 sides, just the bottom and up two opposite sides. The baking spray helps it stick to the pan.
- Finely chop the chocolate and begin melting it in a double boiler for best results.
- Put the 6 ounces of butter in a medium bowl and sift the powdered sweetener over. Mix with a hand mixer until the sweetener begins to dissolve.
- Check the chocolate. Add the melted chocolate, vanilla, and stevia glycerite to the butter and beat until fluffy and almost mousse-like. This will take several minutes.
- Spread 1/2 of the mixture into the prepared 8×8 pan and place into the freezer. NOTE: If the chocolate was too hot and melts the butter, just put the mixture into the refrigerator for a few minutes until it cools-off and it will whip.
- Blend the ingredients for the peanut butter layer with a hand mixer until nice and light. Spread all of the peanut butter on top of the chocolate layer and place into the freezer for 5-10 minutes or until slightly firm to the touch.
- Spread the chocolate mixture on top of the peanut butter layer and refrigerate over-night.
- Run a sharp knife along the sided of the pan that were not lined with the parchment and lift the whole thing out of the pan by puling up on the parchment. Cut into 32 pieces with a sharp knife and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Keeps up to 10 days in the refrigerator.