Do you love a healthy cauliflower pizza but are tired of a soggy crust? This easy keto pizza crust is crispy and more substantial than other low carb cauliflower crusts. You can actually hold it in your hand without it falling apart! Frozen cauliflower rice makes this recipe fast and keeps it budget friendly. You’ll have a delicious gluten-free and nut-free keto pizza ready in 30 minutes.
THIS POST INCLUDES AFFILIATE LINKS TO SHARE THE THINGS I LOVE.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust – A Healthier Pizza Crust
We low carb dieters have made cauliflower pizza crusts for many years. Do you remember first low carb cauliflower crust recipes? They were soggy and almost quiche-like. With improved recipes, cauliflower crusts are now a mainstream healthy pizza crust option. They’re even sold in local supermarkets and restaurants.
I love that this keto cauliflower pizza crust is good for you! It’s made with cauliflower (a low carb vegetable), cheese and an egg – all real whole food ingredients. The result is a low-carb, protein-packed crust with a moderate amount of fat and a full day’s worth of calcium per serving.
The BEST Cauliflower Pizza Crust – Keto
This is absolutely the best keto cauliflower pizza crust recipe. Why?
- It’s easy to make.
- It’s super crispy.
- It uses frozen cauliflower.
- You can hold a slice in one hand without it breaking apart.
This recipe starts with melted cheese, like the famous fathead dough, but substitutes cauliflower rice for almond flour. Yes, this is a fathead dough without almond flour so it’s great for those with nut allergies. Of course, it’s gluten-free, too.
Here are the ingredients for this cauliflower pizza crust (keto): frozen cauliflower rice (thawed), part-skim low-moisture shredded mozzarella cheese, grated Parmesan cheese (in the can), cream cheese, and egg white. Optional ingredients: protein powder and seasonings. The protein powder really helps it achieve that stand-out texture and the seasonings make it taste great.
How To Make Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Thaw a 10 oz bag of cauliflower rice. (I use my microwave at 50% power for a couple of minutes.)
- Place the cauliflower rice in a clean kitchen towel (a smooth towel is best), bring the corners together, gather and grab the towel just above the cauliflower rice. Twist, squeeze, and wring-out as much water as you can. Fluff-up the cauliflower rice with your fingers.
- Melt the mozzarella and cream cheese together in a microwaveable bowl at 30 second intervals until molten, stirring at least once.
- Scrape melted cheese and egg white in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade and process until combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until it forms a ball.
- Scrape the cauliflower dough with a rubber spatula onto the middle of a parchment lined baking sheet and pat it into a 10-inch circle. (I use my hand, working the mixture from the center out to the sides and turning the baking sheet as I go.)
- Bake, flip, and bake again.
- Top the pizza with keto pizza sauce, cheese, and your favorite things. Bake until the cheese melts.
It’s important to squeeze as much water out of the cauliflower rice as you can. The crust is crispier if allowed to cool completely on a rack before topping with sauce and cheese. If left on the counter overnight, it gets even crispier – the crust I am holding in the photo was left to cool completely.
Fresh cauliflower rice does not yield the same result.
Use the Parmesan cheese from the can because it acts like flour instead of melting like cheese. Whey protein powder, although optional, helps dry-out the dough and achieve its crispy texture.
How to Freeze: To freeze this low carb cauliflower pizza crust, under-cook it slightly and let it cool completely before wrapping in cling film and placing in the freezer. Crisp in the oven for several minutes before topping and baking.
Dairy Free Option: Use Daiya Mozzarella cheese and vegan cream cheese instead and add ¼ cup of oat fiber or 3 tbsp of coconut flour for the Parmesan cheese. The crust will not be the same and will be higher in carbs, but still good.
Not Into Cooking? Where to Buy Cauliflower Pizza Crusts?
If you’re into convenience, you can now buy pre-made cauliflower pizza crusts and cauliflower pizzas. Look for them in your local supermarkets, select restaurants and on-line. Be sure to read ingredient labels carefully because not all cauliflower pizza crusts are low carb or keto. Avoid these ingredients: tapioca starch, rice flour, rice starch, corn flour, corn starch or arrowroot.
Buy Keto Cauliflower Pizza Crusts On-line:
Three trusted companies that make and sell Cauliflower pizza crusts (keto) are Real Good Foods, KBosh Food, and Cali’flour Foods. Real Good Foods taste the best, but I love the mission of Kbosh brand – and the owner is very nice!
This is a great tasting, crispy cauliflower pizza crust (keto) that is sure to compliment your low carb diet.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust (Keto)
- Food Processor
- Large rimmed baking sheet (half sheet size)
- Parchment Paper
- 1 cup low moisture shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz/ 113 g)
- 1 ounce cream cheese (28 g) (cut into small pieces)
- 1 large egg white
- 10 ounces frozen cauliflower rice (thawed)
- 1/3 cup Kraft Parmesan cheese (in the can)
- 2 tbsp Whey Protein Powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 F and place rack in middle position. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Place metal cutting blade in food processor.
- Empty bag of thawed cauliflower rice onto a clean, smooth, tea towel and squeeze out as much water as you can. Fluff up with your fingers.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt mozzarella and cream cheeses together for 1 minute. Stir and melt at 30 second intervals into molten. Scrape the cheese into the food processor and add the egg white. Process until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until they come together in a ball.
- With a rubber spatula, scrape the cauliflower crust dough onto the middle of the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Pat the dough into a 10-inch circle, making sure that it is evenly distributed.
- Place the cauliflower pizza crust into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until gently browned on one side. Flip the crust over and bake for and addition 8-10 minutes. Watch the crust carefully as not to burn the cheese.
- Top the pizza with your favorite toppings and return to the oven for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve with a salad.
- Serves two people at 6.56 NET CARBS per serving. (Just for the crust)