A delicious keto Buffalo chicken stuffed peppers recipe, with make ahead option, is perfect for meal planning or a busy week. Make them for a keto friendly dinner or stuffed mini pepper appetizers for game day!
THIS POST INCLUDES AFFILIATE LINKS TO SHARE THE THINGS I LOVE.
We love Buffalo e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. My husband and I went to college in upstate New York, where Buffalo wings originated – Go Bills!
Wings were a staple of our college diet! Whenever I’m feeling nostalgic or want something I know we will both love, I turn to Buffalo sauce. That hot, spicy, buttery sauce is magic and it makes everything taste absolutely delicious. Including these Buffalo chicken stuffed peppers.
You’ll want to make these Buffalo chicken stuffed peppers because…
They are just to die for delicious. I could eat them anytime. The scrumptious chicken in a creamy rich Buffalo sauce is the best. They are satisfyingly creamy and cheesy and spicy, like this Buffalo ranch chicken salad sandwich from my friend Stacey.
What makes these stuffed peppers so yummy?
It’s all about that sauce! During my college days, I worked in the kitchen of a popular campus eatery and we made Buffalo sauce with Franks Red Hot Wings Sauce and melted butter. To make it extra spicy, we added cayenne pepper.
This recipe calls for Frank’s. You can use other hot sauce if you choose, but Frank’s is my hands down favorite. We love this Buffalo sauce and always keep it on hand to use on everything: chicken, eggs, pork, burgers, veggies, and even coleslaw.
They are so darn delicious that they feel like classic cheat food even though these stuffed peppers are low carb and keto approved. In fact, stuffed peppers are a great keto meal option because they combine protein, fat and healthy carbs in the form of vegetables. Because they are so keto friendly, I make lots of stuffed pepper variations including:
- Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers
- Pulled Pork Stuffed Peppers
- Mexican Beef Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Aside from being so incredibly yummy with their big bold Buffalo flavor, these stuffed peppers are so versatile. You can make them ahead of time making them a great keto meal prep recipe.
Yet these stuffed peppers can still be a quick and easy dinner option if you make them the day you intend to serve them too. Save time by shredding a rotisserie chicken and use that instead of cooking chicken. If you do this make sure you do not add the liquid from the rotisserie chicken or the peppers will be a bit wet.
Appetizer Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers for Game Day Snacking
You can substitute the little sweet peppers for bigger bell peppers in this recipe and get a fun appetizer that’s great on game day. If you choose to make them appetizer sized, but don’t cook the peppers ahead of time. Just stuff the buffalo chicken mixture inside them and bake as instructed.
Have you tried my keto buffalo chicken dip? It includes cream cheese, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing and is topped with crumbled blue cheese. It is SO GOOD! It’s a popular recipe on football game day along with these addicting buffalo chicken bites.
Making Keto Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Making keto buffalo chicken stuffed peppers is easy!
- Halve peppers and remove the seeds.
- Place the peppers in a 9 x 13 inch pyrex baking dish or on sheet pan. Cover with foil.
- Put the peppers in the cold oven and preheat the oven to 375F.
- Once the oven comes to temperature, cook the peppers for 7-10 minutes more.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and pour out any liquid that has accumulated, then season with salt and pepper.
- Shred chicken and mix with ranch seasoning, mayo, Frank’s and cheese.
- Cover and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Top with more Buffalo sauce and crumbled blue cheese if desired.
NOTE: Don’t skip pre-cooking the peppers unless you are using the small sweet peppers for the appetizer version of this recipe. Cooking them before stuffing ensures a tender pepper instead of an undercooked, tougher pepper.
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers (Keto)
- 3 large bell peppers, halved and deseeded
- 1 pound cooked, shredded chicken (about 4 cups lightly packed)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Franks Buffalo Sauce
- 1 tbsp Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 tsp salt (Omit if using ranch seasoning from a packet)
- 3 tbsp blue cheese crumbles
- Extra Buffalo Sauce
- Blue Cheese or Ranch Dressing
- Halve peppers and deseed. Place in a 9×13 inch baking dish or sheet pan, cover in foil and place in the oven. Preheat oven to 375F. Once the oven comes to temperature, cook peppers for 7-10 minutes more.
- Remove peppers from the oven, remove the water from the inside of the peppers and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the shredded chicken into a medium bowl and mix the ranch seasoning into the shredded chicken.
- Add the mayo and salt to small bowl and gradually stir in the Franks Buffalo Sauce, stir the sauce into the seasoned shredded chicken.
- Stir 1 ½ cups cheese into the chicken. Stuff the peppers with the buffalo chicken mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Place a small piece of parchment over the peppers and cover with foil. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until hot all the way through.
- Top the peppers with more Frank's sauce, if desired. Drizzle with blue cheese or ranch dressing and top with crumbled cheese.
- Makes 6 peppers. Serves 6. One stuffed pepper half is 4g NET CARBS each.