A low carb Chocolate Zucchini Muffin that’s moist and chocolaty. Made from coconut flour, these zucchini muffins are a healthy and safe snack for school lunches or the perfect keto treat.
OHMYGOSH! If you are looking for moist chocolaty muffins that are easy to make and low in carbs, you’ve come to the right place. These low carb chocolate zucchini muffins are sinfully delicious! We’ve enjoyed them all week!
Well, we all survived the first week of school here in Southern California. Yeah, I know, we start early out here. My son is still in elementary school while my daughter just started Junior High. We’re lucky that we live close to both schools so that I can drop-off my son at his, then come home and walk my daughter to hers. After school, I repeat the process.
When my kids get home, the first thing they want after putting away their school things is to have a snack. I was happy to have these low carb chocolate zucchini muffins available for them. Talk about a huge hit! And, since these muffins are so decadent tasting, they also double as a dessert. But, I enjoyed MY muffins in the morning, warmed-up and spread with salted butter. They are perfectly portable for those grab and go breakfasts. SO YUM!
I used coconut flour in this recipe because coconut is botanically considered a fruit and not a tree nut. Many schools nowadays have a peanut-free or no-nut policy. Because I have two nephews very allergic to peanuts (a legume) and tree nuts, I am sensitive to the issue. I use sunflower butter and chia jam as subs for my kids pb & jelly sandwiches and rely on coconut flour for any school snack or treats I may tuck into their lunches.
For variation, you can make my low carb zucchini bread recipe into muffins, too. It’s also a made from coconut flour so it’s another option for school snacks. Because these low carb chocolate muffins are so low in carbs, they fit nicely into any keto diet. So, if you’re looking for the perfect gluten-free grain-free double chocolate keto muffin, here it is!
Check out my Pinterest for the Long Pin:
Low Carb Chocolate Zucchini Muffins are 4 net carbs each
[This recipe may contain affiliate links.]
- 4 oz butter or 4 oz ghee
- 1 ounce (30 g) unsweetened baking chocolate
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia glycerite
- 1/4 cup Lily's Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips or your fave
- Preheat oven to 350 and position rack to the middle of the oven. Spray 10 wells of a 12 well standard muffin tin with baking spray. Grate zucchini, place into a colander, and sprinkle with a little salt. Mix thoroughly and let sit. Chop the baking chocolate into fine slivers.
- Measure the dry ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk together, breaking up any lumps.
- Melt the butter and unsweetened baking chocolate in a microwave safe bowl at 30 second intervals.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in the bowl starting with the eggs. Add the eggs and mix until incorporated. Add the chocolate and butter and mix until incorporated. With clean hands, squeeze the water out of the zucchini and add it to the bowl. Mix thoroughly with a hand mixer scraping down the bowl once.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the 10 wells, mounding slightly in the middle. The batter will be thick. Lift the muffin tin a few inches off the counter and let it fall. Top with the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Don't over bake. Let cool in the pan 3 minutes before removing.